View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #15
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
have you tried backing off the rear shock preload a notch?
Preload is set at 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
Roads? brewer, come ride on Michigans roads! hehe

Now ive never been to california, but our freezeing winters and NO weight limits (for semi's) make our roads turn into Gravel shortly after they 'repave' areas! lol

Ok, so my bike Came set at #1 rear shock pre-load. Ive set it too #2 and ive noticed a descent difference in Highway riding handling (wind doesnt blow me around as bad as b4), also Bumps dont 'BUCK' me off as easily or as bad as b4. (yo at night sometimes you cant SEE them till its too late, not letting you do the MSF (stand upright alil coming upon a Bump/2x4 sized object in the road)

Just ask Rage42 about the 'greatness' of our beloved michigan highway M-59 (aka Hall rd.)

Soon ill try out rear shock #3 setting and give a report!

Im 5'9", 167 lbs.
I'm 5'7" and around 135, increasing the preload will help?
As for the roads, side roads are ok, but the freeways are grooved concrete. They seem rougher than any I have been on, one road was so rough I couldn't read the speedometer. But from your description, they don't compare to Michigan.

nb