View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #29
hawkxcore
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZX750F

Holy crap, am I pissed off.

Tank shop calls today and tells me the tank is trashed, can not be repaired. They said the paint bubbled up all over the place when they went to pressure test it. So I said that sucks, but I'll find another used tank, and get that one over to them to pressure test and seal when it comes in. I asked them to please leave my tank outside when they close so that I could come pick it up.

Well, I got there around 6pm. They left the tank in the back of a stake-body truck, dead center, will all the stakes in and locked so that I couldn't get to the tank. Luckily, I'm huge and have long arms, so I was able to just barely grab it, and pass it up to myself over the top of the stakes.

Here's the fun part. Remember how a few weeks ago, I put gravel in the tank and cleaned out all the rust? Yeah, well, the inside of the tank, the filler neck, the spot where I sanded down to bare metal to find the pinhole, and underneath where the petcock and level sensor mount.... rusted solid. It looks like this thing has been sitting out in the rain for the whole 3 weeks that they've had it.

It gets better. I'm looking it over to find where the "swiss cheese" of pinholes pushed the paint up. I can find ZERO evidence that there are any holes other than the one I found. NONE.

BUT! The one thing that the tank has now (aside from rust) that it didn't go there with? A huge ****ing dent on the front of it. Paint is all cracked and chipped off.

So, not only did I just buy a used tank off ebay even though mine isn't riddled with holes... I bought a used tank off ebay because some ASSHOLES decided they were gonna **** up my perfectly good tank, and try to cover it up and lie about it.

I'm withholding the name of the radiator shop until I get an official statement from them. If they fess up, I'll keep it to myself. If they lie more about it, I will plaster their name across the net.

hawkxcore is offline   Reply With Quote