Thread: Scared S***less
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:28 AM   #4
Nny
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6 (street), GSXR 750 (track) and a Harley FXDB

Yep, had another close call myself on Saturday. I was comming up to a line of cars in the opposite lane with the person in front of them waiting to make a left hand turn onto a side street. The first car went and the traffic behind him started to move. Sure enough a car behind them wanted to make a left hand turn in front of me. I didn't see the driver or the turn signal for that matter, even though I was looking for it. They were pretty far over to their right to get a good view of oncomming traffic (me).

Luckily I had my hand on the clutch lever and brake already anticipating some idiot diving out on front of me. I not sure how close it was but it was less than a foot before I would have T-boned them. My girlfreind did not think we were going to make it...

I was thinking of mounting a carmera and just recording everyday traffic so I can start reporting these idiots. Maybe when their actions start dipping into their pockets they just might take the time out of their precious day to consider they may not be the only one on the road.

I wonder if a mega phone for my car is illegal? I would have a mount of some sort of course.

Previous rides: Ninja 650, Ninja 250, Goldwing and a Nightster
Nny is offline   Reply With Quote