Old September 19th, 2014, 11:06 AM   #28
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRoben View Post
I wasn't thinking when it happened man, I was just so mad because the idiot didn't even look or pause when pulling in.
I know it sounds like we're being a broken record, but there is a reason.

Sitting back now and looking at it and acknowledging you didn't react appropriately is the first step. Yay!

As you continue riding, you will have numerous folks pull out in front of you, cut you off, or be a general moron on the road. Take this lesson now and realize it is going to happen and there is nothing you can do that will change their behavior.

The only thing you can change is your behavior. Are you going to get so mad you aren't thinking every time? Or are you going to take this lesson, chalk it up to a learning moment, and retrain yourself to react with a clear head?

Please make this the only time you have such a story. If your temper gets the better of you each time something happens on the road that is beyond your control, you will not last long on the road. Be proactive, realize they will do whatever they want to do, and be calm enough to either stay ahead of their actions or smooth enough to respond quickly and safely for everyone.

Glad this tale wasn't worse and that you are here today to tell us about it.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote