View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #13
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
I had the same issue. I also have $10 spools from eBay. But the problem wasn't the spool. Spools were fine. It's the paint from the threads on the bike from the factory.

Have to screw the spool in gently. Once it binds, remove it and blow out the paint that flaked off. Do that a few times and the spools thread right on perfectly.

Sorry....It's human error. You can't expect to manhandle the spools in. Your bike's thread wasn't ready for them.

I also have experience with $40 brand name spools. Same thing happens on a new bike with virgin spool threads.

Just gotta be gentle next time. I'm sorry to say....but IMO, it's a sh!tty thing to do to try to get a refund. The seller did nothing wrong. He delivered the spools to you as promised. He shouldn't lose out. If the spools did cause the problem (which I doubt), you should go after the manufacturer.

But if you can prove the seller sent the wrong item, of course it's on him/her to issue a refund.

But looking at your post here, you didn't even install them properly the first time (you installed backwards), I'm going to have to say human error.

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...7&postcount=42

Also, please clean your chain! I'm lazy as it is already and clean my chain every 500 - 750 miles. I would never let my chain get as dirty as your chain!
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote