View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2014, 10:28 AM   #1032
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
New cage. 2014 Volt
I recently upgraded my daily driver too. 2014 Silver Ice Metallic with the dark leather interior package.

I like that it hasn't actually used any gas in a week (about 200 miles).

It was a demo car, so it had about 2,600 miles on it already (skewing the EV/gas stats). I had a Cobalt with the killer ignition, so I got employee pricing, plus the demo discount, plus they gave me basically full private party KBB value for the Cobalt (and they came and hauled away the dead Saturn too). In the end, it was only a few grand more than a base model Cruze (after figuring in the tax credit), so I couldn't say no.

I've already swapped the interior lights over to LED. Not that I think it'll provide any noticeable power savings, but they're just whiter and more reliable. I'm looking at swapping HIDs into the stock halogen projectors too. I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the $200 to reprogram my radio/display to add in my own backup camera.

Now I just need to get my 240V charger installed - that should let me recharge from my commute miles in about two hours, giving me a full charge to go out to dinner or something in the evening.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote