View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #21
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
Working on parts in Mediterranean weather, I wouldn't ask for more.
Looking forward to how you handle the head work.
well weather is no longer "mediterranean"...has turned out to be quite tropical during past week... temps are still fairly high for season but there are masive outbursts of sudden and pourring rain that have been holding me back...
managed to catch a cold too and I am feeling lousy...can't stand drills etc so I have to take an unvoluntary break for a couple of days... I will post pics of head and valves when I'll be done (hopefully by end of week)... so far it is in the rough stage... but I have to admit that after looking at this and examining along with some (considered as being serious) tuners I went for porting big-time since having extra ccs...
same valve seats but opened up, same valves to keep valvetrain fatigue as low as possible, only a bit of polishing and lightening them about a gram each...
stock 300 intake valve is almost by a gram heavier compared to 250's so I had them made about equal weight...