View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Name: Luis

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja 250, 2005 R6, 2002 Ducati Monster S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
Can I get into a decent racing suspension for under $600? I'd like to do significantly less than that, but that seems to be the lower limit from looking around (Elka?).

I think I will get some linear springs and heavier oil in the front and try that for next season, but finding a rear shock without spending almost as much as I paid for the bike seems quite a bit more difficult.

I want rebound and preload for sure. Ride height would be nice. I'm not too worried about adjustable compression damping.

I'm also finally moving up to racing slicks. My total off season budget for upgrades is about $1k, so I want to get the suspension done for under $600. Although I might bump that up and see if I can get someone's takeoffs and save money on the tires initially. Of course, that will probably cost a bit more in the long run, but I've got to start using tires at some point. I've been running on DOT Pirellis for 14 races now, and although the tires have plenty of life on them, I've definitely reached the limit of what they can give me.

On the plus side, I dropped nearly 10 seconds off my lap times in just two months, and I know what it feels like to slide the rear quite a bit.
intersted in this info too..

I am sure you are talking about a new gen 250.
What about using an SV 1999-2001 rear shock? Is that much of an upgrade?
I been looking but I believe many SV parts work on the new gen ninja but not sure (sure hope the work on my pre gen ninja as I am "shock less in the rear" at the moment"
Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote