Old October 3rd, 2014, 10:56 AM   #36
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
Didn't realize 0.25" wide zip ties won't do it. I guess I'll just have to double or triple them up to see if they'll hold up.

Thx for sharing your personal experience.

I wonder if packing tape would do the trick. I have a few rolls of those in the garage as well. Double or triple layer them so that they are not sticky inside the rim. Then pull tight and tape the ends together on top of the treads. Removing should be easy since the inside isn't sticky at all. Hmm.....
what i tried was i put about 10 of the 0.25 zip ties around the tire off the rim in one spot... all together... you have to squeeze the edges of the tire together so the beads will go in the center channel... i held the tire together with the help of my brothers hands. once the 10 or so zip ties were on, we slowly released the tire and it broke all 10 of the zip ties. so unless you plan on putting 100 zipties all the way around... the ziptie method is just a flat out joke.

also... packing tape?... you realize that there are two metal bands on the inside surrounded by like an inch of rubber.... this isn't a bicycle tire.