View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #40
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

so today I tried fitting the 300 fuel pump along with its base and housing in my 250 tank and... fail !! there is a lip around the tank hole that prevents from letting it insert properly... so first I have to remove about 2mm of the inside diameter of the tank's housing to get the pump and base in place and then, mark the new bolt pattern to get it bolted on... I guess will be doing that next week since I am working on a few details at the moment (switching clutch springs, cleaning parts, labelling bolts and stuff)

So as far as pistons are concerned and their modification, here is the Kawahara racing photo of the pistons, top and bottom... notice the valve pocket angle on the pistons as they come with the kit...

[/URL]

and here are some photos of how they ended up after shaping the crown with the PROPER angle for the 250/300 head...

[/URL]

notice how much different the shape of the piston crown has become...

[/URL]

and bottom just before balancing their weight to each other's but also on each of their side (intake and exhaust)

[/URL]

holes on side of the skirts were made to relieve pressure underneath and oil circulation

and there from left to right...
very useful precision weight scale, 300, 250 and '00 ZX-6R stock piston, and my rotating assembly ready to be installed

[/URL]