View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #13
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i know you mostly only post to disagree with me. or at least you only quote me when that's the case.

i'm going to explain your faulty logic very carefully. hopefully you understand where you have gone wrong.

you said "As I said, I've experienced new OEM tires that have given me a complete lack of confidence in the cycle's handling. I didn't know the exact cause positively, just that it handled poorly and was unpredictable, but confirmed it was the tires after making a switch."

what this means is that before you switched tires, you had literally no idea what was going wrong. you had no idea what was causing the issues you were having. so you took a stab in the dark and put on new tires. did that fix the problem? you have no idea because you still can't answer what the problem with your handling was. only that replacing the tires made the problem go away. was it grip level? was it tire profile? was it rubber age? carcass strength? the point is you can't answer what was wrong with your tires. only that "they weren't good enough" for what you were trying to do to them. this means that they could have had no issues what so ever, but because of some skill problem you were introducing, they did "unpredictable things"... why is it unpredictable? because _YOU_ are unable to predict it. that doesn't mean there is necessarily something wrong with the tire.

you need more training. and so does the OP.