View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #20
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Since I am in rare form today....

You're gunna have to do better than that. A few posts above, I was somewhat in agreement that tires could benefit the OP. But "they sucked" offers no real help to Manimal's question, nor the overall point of the thread.
The entire "debate" was getting a bit out of hand, so I abbreviated my reply.

I mentioned their performance in my first post about poor OEM tires.

The OEM tires made my cycle feel completely wrong - unpredictable and not confidence inspiring. They would drop into a corner abruptly, squirm and slide when riding even moderately, and gave little feedback before letting go. I felt i was very likely to go down without warning at any point - so I replaced them.

With a different tire the handling improved dramatically. It would turn-in predictably and hold the correct line easily. It improved the handling and safety considerably over the OEM tire.

I've ridden and raced on questionable tires, and these OEM tires were some of the worst I've ever experienced.

There is an amount of trial-and-error when it comes to solving handling issues. Ask the Ducati MotoGP team. They've been trying to get their cycle to handle for years. It's taken numerous frames and changes to (finally) do it, so saying you can quickly, easily, and accurately determine the exact cause of a handling problem is not realistic.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote