View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2014, 09:37 AM   #10
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Low batteries cause all sorts of weirdness, but this would be a unique one. Wouldn't hurt to confirm that the cables are attached firmly to the terminals. I'm wondering if it's some type of air leak. Present when everything is cold, but as the bike and its components warm up, the leak has less of an effect due to expansion.
now Alex (the one and only original one...) has a point there !! the ninjette has been very "touchy" with terminals not being properly attached and/or grounded... you (the other, the 192nd replicate...) did mention changing ignition coil (which I have not heard being a common failure n the FI but maybe just me being lucky...) so if having messed with wiring could be an electric thing...
on the other hand this weird idle-only situation does seem like an air leak working exactly as Alex described... probably one you have not noticed...
a few suggestions as to what it might be and needs you to have checked...
1. sensor out of position or short, especially the KLEEN hosing or IAPSensor...if not properly connected or tapped it will do such odd stuff...check also IAT sensor and airbox, air ducts and head rubbers all being airtight...I suppose you have not removed the snorkel, if you have, place it back...
2. headers tend to need tighening after some working because of expansion too, have that checked too...
3. it is also possible that it's time t have your throttles synchronised... that can be easily done with a proper synchronising tool, fit on the TBs using the screws on top of them...
hope we managed to be of some help... let us know of your progress...

PS... I need both of you to excuse me for my humor, I did not mean to offend either of you...