View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2014, 12:06 AM   #11
Ginganinja
pregens for the win!

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 ninja 250, 07 yamaha r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Seriously though, ya need to figure out how to not turn the bike while not on the gas. It gives me the gut feeling you're not setting your entry speed in a good way. Over braking and then getting on the gas to early is a recipe for a lowside.
Double negative? So no turning and no gas... Straight line? Challenge accepted!!
Ok all joking aside, you're saying I need to figure out how to turn the bike while not on the gas? I get that, I can do that no problem, and that's great for cruising, but if I want to ride aggressively I'm going to be on the gas the majority of the time, especially with these bikes, there's almost no need to brake for corners, only adjust throttle. And that's where I'm having issues. As i go through the turn carrying speed with these new springs and then start to roll on the throttle in the turn, the front end feels like it's going to tuck.

How do you suggest setting entry speed? I get what you're saying about overbraking and then using the throttle too early, because it doesn't give the suspension time to rebound properly and will cause the front to tuck, hence the purpose for trail braking into a turn and rolling on the throttle at the same time so the suspension doesn't have to work as hard. Personally I don't believe that's my problem.

I think to really pinpoint the problem i'll need more seat time on it, and who knows, maybe that'll end up being the solution itself, that I need to adjust to the increased feel through the bars with the stiffer springs and the way it reacts.

I think i'll still upgrade the rear shock tho too. I need to get rid of that soft stock one that it comes with. After some research, it looks like the new gen shock is my best bet since the gsxr shock takes quite a bit of modding on the pregen. If only it were as simple as putting it on the new gens.
Ginganinja is offline   Reply With Quote