View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #14
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Heh, the stealership i bought my Nate from (K&W cycle)...

The parts manager told me "Nah, just use regular Kawi 4T Oil and youll be Fine, ive heard guys coming in here complaining their Clutches are slipping due to using those Synthetics".
ROFL pffft right there that dude shouldve said

"Well if you use a Oil and on the API rating is states 'Energy-Conserving" Dont use it in your motorcycle..." Then id be happier and more trustful of the Mechs and Parts Staff there when it comes to later Work done to my Nate, cuz its beyond my Mech IQ & i dont have those special Tools,etc to fix Nate the right way!

days after i had them do the 600 mile oil change & chain adjustment/Lube ($97 OTD) i know.. lol... but i took it in for that 'Front wheel noise/SQUEEEEK', they had NO IDEA about it. They tried cleaning the front rotors/brake pads,speedo cable.. etc! It wasnt till I FOUND this site and did the Research to find out the Front Axle Bearing is OVERTIGHTENED from factory sometimes.... so since then ive been weary of UN-trustful of having any K&W mech/tech Even Look at my NATE!

PS. Im looking to go to a Trade school, learn to be a motorcycle mechanic. So im hoping once im done with school, the Economy will still need motorcycle mechs in demand... with motorcycle sales good, as ppl are looking for better means of MPG and communning to work and such!

That and i just really like working on my Nate.... i think i finally found a 'career' to go to school for.
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote