View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #27
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
Maybe a dumb question but what are the advantages of doing this? Is it just something for the track? Obviously it looks better but i thought you needed that thing?
I ran into issues with where to put the rear brake reservoir when I was fiddling around with my pregen and raising the pegs. I ended up deleting the rear brake light switch to make room for the reservoir. You don't need it so long as you have something that has the brake fluid in it. I like this setup quite a bit since it allows for more freedom of movement though I'm more worried about the reservoir splitting in a crash and pouring brake fluid all over the track screwing everyone else over. It can be used for street as well but there isn't really any advantage there that I can think of other than looking sleeker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Space savings? Has anyone ever (and I mean EVER) had interference issues with regard to brake components on these bikes?
I have, but that was while trying to turn the pregen into a track bike, something that I'm not really done with yet.