View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #248
Talonne
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): '09 Metallic Diablo Black

Another post for the girls.

Helmet: Arai Astral-X. I'm not sure what to think of it since it's my first helmet ever. It fogged up a lot when I was stopped yesterday, even though all my vents were open. I hate having to lift my face shield at stops due to no longer being able to see. It was cooler when I rode (around 13C/55F), but this is Canada. It will get MUCH colder. I'm kind of worried. It was really great when I was riding in 26C/79F weather though.

Jacket: Shift Siren leather. I don't know if I like the fit, but it is sharp-looking and protective. It's cut very rectangular, so it is huge around my waist, but fits perfectly everywhere else. *shrug* Shoulder armor sits at the right place and feels secure, so that's good. Girls who are not shaped like a rectangle might want to stay away from this one.

Pants: Joe Rocket Alter Ego textile/mesh. LOVE these. They were already raved about in a previous post here, but they're so so perfect. I'm a shorty, so the adjustable hem and adjustable armor height are a godsend!! They also have a removable strip that wraps from one leg to the other, across the butt, which exposes mesh to keep the air flowing on hot days. Waterproof/windproof liner in the leg is also removable!

Gloves: Icon Merc Short. These are great! Perfect fit for someone with small hands. No floppy finger ends!

Boots: Frye Campus. Mine are dark blue. This is where I need some help... I need the extra height that these give me (2" in the heel, maybe a bit over 0.5" in the rest of the sole). However, I realize that these might not be the best option for riding because they're not padded at all. The leather is thick, but they fit loosely around the ankle. Suggestions needed!!! Icon Bombshell boots are TOO high. Most important aspect is that 0.5" lift in the sole overall. Otherwise, I will definitely need to get my bike lowered.

Talonne is offline   Reply With Quote