View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2014, 08:43 AM   #7
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

I've never been pulled over so I can't say that I understand the frustration but here're my thoughts on it.

Regarding being pulled over :-
I admit it, I'm a very passively confrontational. I'm one of the guys who if pulled over for the wrong reason and being talked to like that would call 911 and tell them that I'm being harassed by a police officer or would at least ask for his badge number.....or so I thought. After talking to a lot of police officers, a lot of other riders, I've changed my approach. Now I'd just stay calm, as hard as that maybe, take the ticket and appeal it in court.

This is also the reason why I am for every rider to have some sort of an action camera setup.....not to mention if you happen to see a female rider on the road riding infront of you...wel.....yea yea yea...
Also I heard this one story[I don't know if it's true or not] where a rider was pulled over by not one but three or four cruizers and the one cop who was talking to him was...well...more or less like the one you described. If in a situation like this just ask to talk to another officer. Chances are that there might be a supervisor among them...again, not that I have been in a situation like this but just in case.

Regarding going to court:-
I'd suggest sticking to the case at hand, do not deviate from the speeding charges. I know you are frustrated about your situation and with the condition of the road and city as such but try not deviating from the topic. Stay on point, tell the facts as they are, think logically and do not lose your temper.

But those are just my views on it. Whatever happens, good luck.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.