View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #37
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post

You know how things work on your side of the world, but in my experience in similar situations, people not especially interested in helping you after understanding, just pick up a general and vague idea from the first seconds of any explanation.

After that, the more you talk, the more frustrated/bored the other person becomes.
If that person has some power, he/she will use it to get rid of your long and apparently non-comprehensible description.

I wish the best outcome in your endeavor.
That goes double for judges. My defense for my last big ticket was
"judge I dun goofed, I plead guilty to the charge, with the exclusion of felony evasion, and recognize the problem that I have with wanting to go fast on public roads. I need to be able to drive/ride to get to work and school and cannot afford the big jump in insurance which would result from receiving the points on this ticket. To solve this problem I am making an effort to head to the track as an outlet for my need for speed. On the point of felony evasion, I did not evade the officer as I was never aware of the officer behind me due to my excessive rate of speed and pulled over the moment that I saw the lights as the video from the officer's squad car can confirm. Evasion would be if I had seen the officer with his lights and proceeded to attempt to flee rather than signal the officer with my left hand, reduce my speed significantly, and pull over as it was safe to do so."
Worked out pretty well for me, though if I get any kind of ticket I'm screwed

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.