View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #101
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
Do you ever feel like the people who tell you what to do with your life might not have your best interest in mind? Do you ever feel like the people who tell you what to do with your life might just be putting themselves and their needs ahead of yourself when they tell you what to do? Do you ever feel like people are using you? Do you ever feel exploited? Do you ever feel like someone is taking advantage of you? Do you ever feel like someone is trying to make money by yelling at you? Do you ever feel like someone is trying to profit off of your bad behavior? Do you ever feel like someone doesn't really care about you and they are only using your for their own benefit?
All the time, all the time, sometimes, most of the time, sometimes, occasionally, no, all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
If yes, please stay on the line with the municipal court system.

I'm not sure if you're yet at that point in life, or if you will ever reach that point in life -- the point in which you feel very used and abused, and all you feel like doing is riding your motorcycle quickly as part of your day to day affairs and business as you do what you need to get done for your own purposes. Not for the purpose of pleasing anyone but yourself.

Maybe some day you will find yourself facing a speeding ticket. And maybe someday your sweet mum will tell you "pay the ticket" -- and maybe on that day you realize that the older people don't realize that the world has changed and it's not the same place as it used to be.

Can we all have a group hug and ride our tiny motorcycles safely?
You can do whatever you want on your own private property (as long as it doesn't negatively impact someone else or their property). You were someone else's property (public), the obligation that comes with that is to follow the property's rules, one of which is the speed limit in this case. It doesn't matter that they are, in some respects, designed to provide revenue. You had a simple choice, follow the speed limit and get where you're going, or speed and take the (small) chance of getting caught. You took the chance, you got caught, you pay up.

Everybody has issues, none of those issues absolve them of responsibility for their actions. I screwed something up four years ago. The Feds slapped me for it, and four years later I'm still feeling the sting. Nobody was endangered by what I did, but I broke the rule, so I paid the price. My case was even more "unfair" than yours because what I did was an honest mistake, at least you got to make a conscious decision to break the rule. It was nobodies fault but mine, the truth sucks doesn't it.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote