View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2014, 02:34 PM   #5
yogurtpooh
ninjette.org member

Name: Lucas

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Thank you guys for the responses. I appreciate it.

I'm wearing jeans and it still warms my leg up to the point where it hurts.
But the temperature outside was like 90 degrees and I guess that makes sense about riding slowly. The fan did kick in. The original owner actually wired the fan to run all the time. I had it rewired back to stock, and maybe thats why I feel like its warmer.

Is the part where you can see the actual metal cable supposed to line up
with where you can see it on the back of the clutch lever itself or is it supposed to be pointed down towards the ground?

I'm coming from another bike, so I'm just getting used to the feel. My other bike has a stiffer clutch level, and from it being held in and fully released, there's way more distance to go. The ninja on the other hand, from the lever pulled in, to letting it out, there doesn't seem to be much. So I'm not shifting very smoothly, because there's not much resistance when I release the clutch compared to my old bike. Plus, when I hold the lever in on this bike, it requires more strength to keep it in. I just recently changed it, so it was lubed and all that good stuff. I've just been toying with the regulator a lot, so much that i don't know what's right... so I just wanted to bring that to as stock as possible.
I checked on pictures online and different people seem to have theirs adjusted at different settings.

like this picture for example, the screw is all the way in while I have one thread showing on mine.

and then in this picture, there's a lot of threads showing outside of the clutch lever between the regulator and the nut

So what's the stock thread amount?
yogurtpooh is offline   Reply With Quote