View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2014, 08:01 AM   #1
alex192
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (FI)

Indicator Problem - Turn Signals Not Working

Hi guys,

A problem I found out last time I came to ride my bike was that none of the indicators / turn signals are working, not even the light on the dashboard.

I checked the fuse just now which was absolutely fine, changed it for another one anyway and it fixed the problem (all indicators worked; everything back to normal, could hear the relay clicking on and off). Sprayed some electrical contact cleaner around the fuses, then realised that they stopped working again!

Spent ages spraying contact cleaner, switching out fuses for new ones and could not get the indicators working again.

Bought a new relay (not a direct replacement as it was 4 pin and slightly higher current rating compared to the stock 2 pin one, but the guy in the shop said it should work), and that didnt fix the problem.

Wondering if you guys could point me in a new direction as to what could be wrong? Pretty sure its not the bulbs as all 4 worked momentarily. What I thought it could be:

- Original relay is temperamental and the one the guy in the shop gave me is not the right one

- Switch at handlebars is not working

- Wiring somewhere (although I checked the connections into the fuse box and into the relay).

Must point out I am using stock turn signals.

Electrical problems extremely frustrating! Cheers for the help.
alex192 is offline   Reply With Quote