View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2009, 04:17 AM   #10
bluphobic
ninjette.org member

Name: W

Motorcycle(s): None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Personally I don't think you're going to find the comfort you're looking for in the SS bikes.

However, you could check out the ZZR 600. It's actually the old style of ZX-6R that was continued on as the ZZR 600 when they upgraded the ZX-6R several years ago. The bike is supposed to be rather comfortable while still having the SS style and it can still compete on speed and handling from what I've heard. Might be worth looking around for one. I know I plan to eventually.
The ZZR looks more like a sport touring bike, It may fit some of my needs however i kinda want to stray away from carbureted motors. If i have the chance I'll check some of them out, seeing the bike in person may change my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus Cidere View Post
I'm about the same size as you and I have the same problem, but FWIW, the newest-gen Yamaha R6 is very nice when it's lowered. It's as easy as my 2fiddy to lift, and has a very comfortable setup (peg distance, seat padding, etc.) IMO. The only thing you may not like is that the bars are a little more down-angle than most bikes stock. To me, they also seem closer. I don't know if you want to fork out the money for lowering links and an adjustable kickstand, but that's what I've noticed. Like Mike said though, not a whole lot of comfortable SS bikes out there.
My friend has an 07' R6 and he complains that the seat is angled forward, this sometimes pushes him into the tank. As you mentioned the bars are very aggressive, I don't know if I'll be able to handle a good 400mile trip. Lowering links can be an option but I'd rather not mess with the original suspension geometry of the bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
The Ninja 650R (ER6F) is maybe not exactly what you want but the seat height is the same as the 250R and gives a good comfortable position with a SS look.

Steve
After seeing the new 650r in person, i'm very impressed. The new look is very appealing, the riding position is very comfortable, the bars are bit higher than what i would prefer. I'd probably convert to clipon's and adjustable rearsets. Overall, i like this bike the most but the price is the only thing that kills the deal. I'm looking at spending no more than $5,500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewexd View Post
well the 2 ways of lowering a bike is shaving the seat and lowering links, im assuming you could get close with a combination, although i think the cbr600 has the lowest seat height out of the 4 600 SS.
The CBR F4i was another consideration I had in mind but they are few and hard to come by.
bluphobic is offline   Reply With Quote