View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:58 PM   #147
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Kelly, I really appreciate your effort in educating sport riders to be safe. Your DIYs are absolutely superb and totally trump Kawasaki`s Shop manual. I do hope that your dedication does not take its toll on your health (It`s the Medic in me) I do think that you have made a HUGE impact on the Ninjette.org family--and have in all probability saved some lives. The reality, however, is that most of the people riding Ninjettes are convinced that they are riding a "Beginner`s Bike---which in my opinion, is totally untrue. That 250 is a rocket any way you look at it, and I blame the press for hawking it as a "Beginner`s Bike". We are also dealing with an age factor. People in their 20`s are immortal. I learned that lesson very fast as a Sergeant team leader/medic in Vietnam. Pity, the reality of the situation did not bear out that notion. Kids got killed--and no amount of medical training (of which I had the best) changed that equation. Kelly, I respect you a hell of a lot. Just for grins and giggles, allow me to throw out a circuitous question. How come a person cannot walk into a dive shop and buy all the necessary SCUBA and just go out diving? No way this will happen, unless you are certified by an accredited diving school--NAUI or PADI. Sounds pretty responsible to me on the part of the diving industry. Next year I will be allowed by the VA to set up a business. I am located in a commercial zone--so setting up would be no problem. I plan to take Kawasaki as my main line. The territory is wide open in my location. In order to buy a Sport Bike from my dealership a person will need to show me evidence of having passed a Motorcycle Safety Course, and a reasonably clear driving history. e.g. Five speeding tickets in three years would not be acceptable. I would bet that with this policy published, I would not be able to stock enough bikes to sell. Responsible salesmanship is the key. I am going to give it a shot. My sense is that I will be extremely sucessful. All of us make a difference if we choose to. You have made a difference in many people`s lives on this forum---including mine. The idea of starting a RESPONSIBLE dealership came largely from your ideas. It WILL happen.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote