View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2015, 07:10 PM   #58
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

1. Of course more citizens are killed by officers than vice versa. That's like saying more terrorists are killed by professional soldiers. One group is trained, armed, and armored. The other untrained, antagonistic, with nothing to lose and usually outnumbered. Yet still, the ratio is estimated at 4:1. (Stats estimated and skewed because not all agencies report)

2. Most line of duty deaths are caused by GUNFIRE. Roughly twice as many as deaths caused by vehicle accidents (number 2 cause).

3. She couldn't stop the bike without a jerking movement? I don't understand this. How? Stop the bike, put in neutral or hold the clutch and kill the engine with the kill switch, kickstand switch, or key.

4. I've seen enough @$$hole riders throughout the states to know we are our own worst enemies. From riders doing no less than 95+ On I-95, to the clowns speeding and swerving through traffic on Atlanta's interstates while stunting. It's no wonder we may be viewed with suspicion by law enforcement.

Just as not all sportbike riders are reckless assholes, not all police officers are trigger happy thugs hiding behind a badge. Hard to make any judgement without hearing both sides of a story and viewing all the evidence.

I think I'll follow Chris Rock's advice on how to avoid getting my ass kicked by the cops... Obey the law and don't do dumb ****.

Thank you to all public servants on here for keeping us safe.

(These stats are easily found on the interwebs)
GearMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.