Thread: Swing arm
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:12 PM   #5
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
Yes, the 500's swingarm pivot is 7mm wider than the NewGen's, so you'll need 3.5mm of spacing (one way or another) on each side. http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topi...tml#msg1095482

I've only ever seen the SE Asia replacement swingarms. A lot of them seem to be for appearance more than anything else. Some look like they would be quite a bit heavier (adding unsprung weight might noticeably affect the performance of the bike - my 500 seems to accelerate a little quicker with just the slightly-lighter VRossi wheels).
Is it possible to add 3.5 mm spacing on the right side without changing the attachment (is this the right word?) of the brake caliper?
The second thing is that I'd weigh my stock new-gen swing arm, the weight is 5.9 kg but when I rely on informations from three different companies in Germany about the shipping weight for the GPZ 500 S swing arm then this is 8.5 kg what is 2.6 kg heavier. If this is really true then the 500's swing arm would not be the best way to go.

By the way your link is leading to a website where you must login, what in my p.o.v. is not very helpful.
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote