Old February 9th, 2015, 11:57 AM   #21
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
I believe ABS is still not an option. The ninja 250 brakes are very hard to lock up. There really isn't any reason why a brand new rider should be buying a brand new bike. There is an incredibly high chance he is going to drop the bike and it would definitely be in his best interest to drop a used $2,500 ninja 250 opposed to a brand new $5,000 R3
He wants a brand new bike. $5k to him is a drop in the bucket. He's front office in the financial services industry. His annual bonus is more than what most of us make a year. Yup, his bonus is over 6 figures. He works 70hrs a week. No time to deal with maintenance and definitely no time to wrench on his used bike if there are issues. He wants reliability. He wants to be able to get on the bike and ride it when he's free. Not work on it in the garage.

And like most accountant/financial advisor type, he has a conservative personality, which is why he wants ABS on a bike with a small motor.

He already got his BRC class completed in 2014 along with private lessons through MSF. just never found time to look for a bike.

As for locking up the brakes, he's conservative. He rather have it and not need it vs needing it and not having it. He most likely will not ride in the rain, but he did say that as a newbie his innate reaction will probably be grab a fistful of brake if someone or something darts out right in front of him...and that would be horrible in the rain.

Heck, I think my own reaction would be the same as his. No time to think.

He's in his late 40s. Mid life crisis. But at least he's smart about it and eliminated supersports as his first bike. He doesn't care about status since he has a house with a garage full of luxury and sporty cars (and a circular driveway!) a boat and employees who work in his house to keep everything clean and in order.

Eventually, he wants a Harley cruiser, but for now, he just wants to get his feet wet in the 2 wheel world.

I personally think he's making an excellent choice.

This is my old boss by the way.
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.