View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2015, 08:22 PM   #30
Braden07
Wannabe racer

Name: Brady

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250 race prepped, 2009 Zx6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoKawi View Post

I was torn over the 003RS. I looked at them years ago, before I had a dedicated track bike. I didn't like them because I ready they were crap in the rain. Now, I may have to rethink this since I'll rock the Pirelli's in the rain. Again, tires...

As far as stabilizers go, there is a thread on here where someone used a GSXR damper with a Pro Tek fork Tube clamp. I really like that setup. But I'm not going to do anything until I ride the bike for a few months. I want to shake-out the kinks before I make any more changes to it. You should do a write-up of your eBay stabilizer. I'm curious to see how it's installed and hear how it performs.

As far as rains are concerned some people run the pirelli GP rains from what i hear.. out here at our track the majority have decided to go with michelin pilot road 4s.. I have yet to race in the rain but usually our first round in april is a rain round and i have my set on order so i can let you know how those work out..

for the stabilizer install is pretty east.. just gotta take off the tank and it makes it a sinch.. its base clamps over the spine of the frame that runs under the tank and the top part has two bolts that go into the spot where the stock handlebar riser fitted in.. ill take a close up and show you
Braden07 is offline   Reply With Quote