Thread: i built a car
View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2015, 03:19 PM   #402
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
so things are running pretty well. over the weekend i cut up the steering rack and i fixed a bump steer issue and so yesterday i had some fun going up and down the hill. boy do these tires suck! at one point i got a bit out of shape and had fun alternating between losing the front and losing the rear. holy crap what a toy! it felt like a real car! with some better tires, this thing will be an absolute monster. and this is with only sub 100hp... i'd estimate it does a 0-60 in somewhere around 6 seconds. hard to tell without a speedometer. with some better tires and a higher compression ratio, this thing will be a real strain on the cheek muscles. both top and bottom. things have shifted into what i guess you might call 'tuning' as i'm trying to get the suspension setup better and smoothing over the rough edges and whatnot. the seats need a ton of love. but she's definitely making progress she's a real fun car to drive now. a bit sketchy still though because of the tires. also the suspension is really stiff for hitting potholes

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.