View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2015, 08:39 AM   #1
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Dual sports, I'm torn!

It looks like ill be adding a dual sport to the stable soon, but im a bit torn right now. My budget is 4k, so no KTM or huskys. Ive been trying to find a honda crf250L since id like FI, but they dont come up very often used, and new they are around 5,000.

Ive found both the KLX250S and KLX250SF (sumo), i can put dirt tires on the sumo, and i like the way it looks a little more. Ive read up on it, but i dont know how dual sporty it will be if i do that. Ill be on mostly logging trails and what not, not doing supercross. the S i can find around 3500, the SF i see is 4000, and has like 11k miles (i havent tried talking them down). The S is newer and has 1k miles.

I havent taken any of them for a ride, and i would plan on throwing the BB kit in either bike (honda included). And no i dont want a drz400, or a yamaha. Im pretty picky with this stuff, so between those 3 options, what would you guys pick?

Ill be using this to commute SOMETIMES (like 500 miles a year, and then prob on the highway between the trails i would ride) If im lucky the bike might see 2,000 miles a year honestly.

I could get a KLR650 for the same price, but i dont want that big of a bike, i like how these are all 300lbs or less.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote