View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2015, 10:41 PM   #96
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Just read through all of this thread...I'm so jealous right now. Being a 14 year veteran of Boy Scouts I was only able to do one big backpacking trip at Philmont for a week....oh well I'm only 23 and I have lots of time left.

Hiking the AT or the PCT has been a dream of mine, I don't really want to go from end to end, but by sections works.

I have taken many smaller hikes and long canoe trips, many of which I'll never forget. I although am terrible with packing WAY too much. Hell, I went from my backcountry cabin in Philmont, NM at 7000ft over a 12000ft mountain, down to 5000ft in 12 miles in less than 5 hours, all while being chased by a lightning storm and wearing a 65lb pack full of laundry and camera gear. The last 2000ft dropped in less than half a mile, yeehaa!

So yeah I can't wait to get a real job (recently graduated) and do a similar trip to what you are planning Ally. Keep up the great work and keep us updated.

BTW this weekend was super mega cold with all that ice...stay warm!
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote