View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2015, 05:59 PM   #1
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Let's Talk Handguns

So I'm looking to purchase my first handgun and there are sooooo many options out there. This weekend I went to the range and shot a few different guns. Here is a list of the guns that I have shot. S&W M&P Shield 9mm and .40, S&W M&P Compact .40, Springfield XD .40 Service and Compact Service, Sig Sauer SP2022 .40, and Sig Sauer P229 9mm. I think that's about it.

Ideally, I would like to spend less than $600 and I am leaning towards a 9mm. I am still very new to shooting but I seemed to be more accurate with the 9mm's. Yeah the .40 are fun to shoot as well cause they pack more of a punch but I'd rather have a 9mm cause I feel more confident with them.

I really like how the Sig P229 shot but it's way out of my price range and a little too big to carry. I will be getting my handgun carry permit eventually so that is why I want a more compact gun.

Right now I am leaning towards the S&W M&P 9mm Compact. The Shield is a bit small in my hands but it would be great to carry because it is so thin. And the Shield is quite a bit cheaper than the Compact, but you get less rounds than the Compact.

This is a hard decision to make. Any hints or tips on deciding which to get?

Do you have a handgun that you carry? What kind? How do you like it?
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote