View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2015, 09:13 PM   #15
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragono View Post
Clutch plates are just fine. None are stuck to steels. However I still have to same issue in that as soon as I go from nuetral to first all I get is a locked back wheel. If it's a gear issue I have parts from another 250 ninja I can swap in but that's a road I have yet to travel down.

Also, it seems as though it's
Not actually catching first the usual soft thud of going into first that was a clunk is now nothing more than a tap. As if the thing didn't shift at all.
Okay, well let's adjusting the gear selector next, and just for the hell of it have you tried just shifting into second instead? And I assume the bike is running while your doing all this right?

Some notes on how it should be, the shift mechanisim can be completlly locked if badly out of adjustment. What you want is the levers on both ends to form as close to a 90 deg. angls to the rod at rest condition. On the shift pedal the line from the ball end of the rod to the pivot bolt centerline is the angle I mean. I you think of the levers as a full circle the rod should be tangent to that circle on both ends

If this fails, I'm out of ideas, next step start checking the shift mechanism, then .......

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote