View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2015, 07:48 PM   #33
Electronic M
ninjette.org member

Name: Dima

Motorcycle(s): zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenaero View Post
Stock carburetors and stock timing, my motos are 250 pregens. I've been thinking about getting a newer FI moto for FE competitions, probably a Honda CBR250R, but i"ve been disappointed in the stock FE performance of the Honda and Ninja 300 compared to my pre-gens. You were able to reporgram your ECU, how involved was it? I can definitely see the potential for FI motos as long as it was something fairly simple and inexpensive to modify for optimal fuel economy.
I ended up using megasquirt stand alone ecu instead of messing with stock computer, basically if I was going to say it in gun terms................instead of trying to reverse engineer .22 pistol, I went and got an ak47

The amount of things you can do with it is pretty amazing imo, I can just name a few things that you can adjust like, cold start enrichment, warm up enrichment, ego control via wide band or narrow band O2 sensor, you can dial in PID control, basically how quickly you want the ecu to get to your afr target, you can run any injector, any air temp/coolant temp/map sensor/baro sensor that you want and it will adjust to the conditions unlike carbs. You can also adjust the angle that injector is going to spray the fuel into the engine, full adjustment of the fuel and ignition map, set your rev limit to whatever you want, it can control nitrous/air shifter/quick shifter, can also install a knock sensor and flex fuel sensor......................and many many other things, it can also datalog all the data to your smart phone, or tablet, or laptop. The amount of control is unreal.......perfect for diy kind a people. I've been running that ecu on my 998cc bike and it has been great. I've built few of them for other bikes as well, been pretty happy with it. I think it will work great on a 250/300cc engine.
Electronic M is offline   Reply With Quote