Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2015, 07:52 AM   #1431
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

So I have a MINT 2011 HiFi Plus. I paid 2300 when I got it, but for some reason, bicyclebluebook.com says it is only worth 1100. This bike is in like-new condition. I could part out the brakes, the rear shock, the front shock and the gruppo, nothing else, and make more money.

That site is making bikes depreciate faster than they used to. There is absolutely no way it is worth 1100. It is pretty much a NEW BIKE. I'm frustrated. I priced it at $1800, which is honestly a fair price. Sure, you could get a brand new version of this bike from Trek for $2500, but the only real difference is a slightly upgraded rear shock and the rear shifter (which is honestly on par).

Am I wrong for thinking that bicyclebluebook.com is a load of crap? People are going off that site without thinking twice about exactly WHAT they are buying. Cars, yeah, they have been doing that for years and years, so it is pretty much down pat. Bicycles, there is no way my bike is worth ONLY 1100. BS.

Over 50% depreciation in three years (sure, it is a 2011, but I got it right when the 2012's were coming out), no way. It is like having a 2011 Mustang GT500 with only 10,000 miles on it, and saying it is worth less than 50% of its original price. BS.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote