View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2015, 09:58 AM   #1
peterpayne
ninjette.org member

Name: Pedro

Motorcycle(s): Pregen body with a newgen engine.

Where will I post now?

So, my 2007 ex250 now has an engine and exhaust from a 2009 ex250.

Problem is:

No thermostat installed.

Fan is constantly on, turns on when you turn the key.

Temp gauge from pregen cluster does not seem to work (or maybe it's just disconnected I'll try to check tonight.

I'd consider a thermostat apt for hot climate since the coldest we get here is like 40f like for a day or two a year...

Then I guess some aftermarket temp gauge, and then I'm not sure about how the fan should be actuated, but I'll start researching...

Also the front sprocket cover is missing, so I'll need to get one.

But bike runs good, I notice I don't need to rev it as high to take off, it just feels good overall.

I know things in Mexico are bad, but I plucking got that engine and full OEM exhaust installed for a bit more than 200 US Dollars.... considering the mechanic kept my beat up exhaust and no good engine I still think I got a hard to beat deal..

I figure it's stuff like this that make people in the US and other more expensive countries able to get very good at DIY, any decent set of tools will pay for itself in a single use, I like to tinker with stuff, but it sometimes makes no financial sense down here, I may have my doubts about the competence of my mechanic...

Oh well, any comment or suggestions are welcome...
peterpayne is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.