View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #55
Electronic M
ninjette.org member

Name: Dima

Motorcycle(s): zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by micoulisninja View Post
very few can realize the huge gap between the two because very few have experience with both...the adapting of the FI is waaay better compared to carbs when changing altitude rapidly...and if I can feel a huge improvement of a PC V equipped FI over stock, then with that megathing I guess I would go ...squirting uphill
so the point is not if you can make it to somewhere but how efficiently (either in terms of speed, engine operating quality or fuel consumption)
I was just saying it would be a good spot to compare carbs, factory efi, and stand alone ecu. The difference would clearly be seen by the max speed and fuel consumption between the three. I am not sure about 300 factory efi system, but on the older bikes, factory ecu was barely better than the carbs, the ram air compensation, altitude adjustment and air temp adjustments aren't good at all. With the bazzaz that I used to run, every week I'd have to constantly adjust the amount of fuel depending on weather conditions, and it would be off by a good margin. Stock ecu was good for the average street bike, but if you wanted to get the most out of it, it needed constant tuning.
Electronic M is offline   Reply With Quote