View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2015, 04:36 PM   #26
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by denshidereku View Post
When I went to fill-up just now, I put in about 3.5 gallons so it's been nearly empty the entire winter, although the issue started before storing it for winter so... I again don't see how that could be a factor.

For the moment though, I'm going to try the mystery oil mix in my gas for a couple of tanks and see how this changes things.
It possible you got some bad gas before storing, and as Ghostt mentioned - it ain't any better now. Even if the gas was good then, it sounds like you didn't use stabilizer - so it's bad now. Because the tank was low there's also a good chance that condensation has formed.

The best thing to do is completely drain the tank and floatbowls, but it's up to you.

Are you running ethanol-free? You should be able to find it. It lasts longer than gas with ethanol and is generally a better idea.

I can't say I've heard of using marvel Mystery Oil in the gas. My recommendation would be to add 1oz per gal or Techron Concentrate to a fresh tank of gas (after draining completely).

Adding new fuel to possible bad fuel won't tell you anything or solve problems.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote