View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2015, 11:29 AM   #78
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
As long as I need to, a little bit less each time I went through.

I broke that corner down to 3 visual timings (I can see apex2 and exit at the same time) I look at the turn in point until the braking marker then switch to the first apex and look at that until I'm about halfway there after turn in before switching to apex2 and then the exit naturally comes into view as I get closer to the second apex.
Sounds like you have some pretty good timing in terms of how long you look at each RP for. We like to say at CSS that you should look at the RP until you KNOW that you will end up there. Once you are certain you will hit your apex RP for example, then you look up to your next RP.

The challenge is to not target fixate on any of your RP's for too long and to have a nice smooth flow of information coming in. At first it can feel choppy to be looking from one RP to the next but as you get better at lifting your eyes up to the next one, it begins to smooth out and flow naturally.

What about lifting your eyes up to the "vanishing point." Have you guys heard of that term? What does it mean to look to the vanishing point?

M
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote