View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2015, 05:31 AM   #12
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
I have a buddy that just purchased a 2010 250r with 288 miles on the odometer. The previous owner purchased the bike in the spring of 2010 and rode it a few times and left it in his shed ever since.

So....the bike's a mess. Carbs completely clogged. Tires are dry & cracked. But the bike is in great shape cosmetically because he threw a tarp over it. Besides a few surface rust on some of the bolts, everything looks real nice. (Bike doesn't start up since the battery went dead 5 years ago).

Anyways, my buddy is one of those people who want to follow everything by the book. He wants OEM tires. I tried and tried and tried and tried to talk him out of it, explaining that the OEM IRCs aren't the best tires around.....but his logic is that if it was good enough for Kawasaki to put on brand new bikes, it's good enough for him. (He's also the type that gets OEM brand tires on his cars as well).

There's no talking him out of it. So....I offered to help him find a low mileage set.

But I can't seem to find any. Do you guys where I should look and how much he should expect to pay????

He's located in NYC if that makes any difference.

If you guys have a set for sale, please let me know how much shipped to 10080.
To tell you the truth I don't think they are a bad tire and if he rides them as a tire that is for commuting then he should not have any trouble.