View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2015, 12:54 PM   #4
GHill762
ninjette.org member

Name: Garrett

Motorcycle(s): ZX-3R (ok, ex300)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
Is there anyone you know with a cruiser bike that is will to let you take their bike for a spin? The general functions of the motorcycle will of course all be the same, but I know what you mean about riding style. I rode a friends Vulcan and not only was the torque a whole lot more but steering the bike was a complete different experience. Definitely no knee dragging with those, unless your a badass with CHiP training under your belt. If you are able to get it to your house without going on major roads or having someone else drop it by I would basically treat it like it was going to be your first bike ever and go through the riding exercises that you can remember from the MSF class. Within a day or two you will probably be way more comfortable. How many Years/Miles of riding experience do you have with the 300, other bikes etc.?
my experiences are basically the handfull of bikes at MSF and I've been riding my 300 since I bought it new in april of '13, since then I've put just under 6,000 miles on it, mostly highway. no drops, no accidents, no tickets. I ride pretty safe, but I also like to push it. never rode anyone else's bike though, so basically my experience is limited to riding the ninja 300.

unfortunately there aren't much in the way of curvy roads here, so around here it's either go to a crotchrocket and blast down the road at 150 or get a cruiser and take it easy..

I'm test riding the bike this afternoon, I know I'll be fine, just got the butterflies, ya know? if all goes well it'll sleep in my garage tonight.
GHill762 is offline   Reply With Quote