View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #9
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Hey Mike,

I've been looking to your map and now I wonder because in many rpm's it's set to partly very lean and thank you for sharing it.
I'm using the Leovince-Map from their website, but I've seen that's not so good for my bike, because in the range where they'd set it up very lean I have many popping noise and so I'd set it up to oem-zero and starting at tps 53% I go a little bit to rich, so now this popping noise is gone.
But from 4750 rpm to 6500 rpm the Leovince-setup is rich and I went a little bit more to lean, because in this range I still have popping noise which I think is coming from too rich (like the old Porsche 911 Carrera RSR in race-trim, which have been very rich) and the next time I'll try do go back to a little bit more lean.
At least my setup is rich to very rich but the sound is good, also the accelerating is smooth now and it's very quick and powerful.
I know that my setup isn't the optimum, but here we don't have a dyno-shop to go to and so I'll live with this rich setup (better to rich then to lean).
Until now I've already been using to gastanks full of gasoline for testing and I think it'll be some more...
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote