View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #10
Sonofswin
Old Guy, New Bike

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Blue Ninja 250R, Yamaha SRV250

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MENTION=6292
Somchai;550120]...in many rpm's it's set to partly very lean...
Hey, thanks for the question/information!!

I set the cruise range (5%~20% TPR) to 13.7 because Dynojet said that for better fuel efficiency, it should be around 14. However, lately, I am thinking I may set it down to 13.5 or even lower. I will probably copy the Yoshimura map. I notice that the Autotune is making some really big adjustments to try to match my target AFR's. The adjustments should slowly get smaller, but they aren't.

Have you plugged the KLEEN system on your bike? That helped reduce a lot of the popping for me, but I still get it when decelerating. Also, LeoVince recommends putting 2 large holes in your airbox when running their exhaust to improve the breathing. Have you done that?

I wonder if my 60%+ TPR is too rich. I want maximum performance when I open the throttle so I chose 12.5 from this information:

Air/Fuel Ratio Limits
6.0:1 Rich run limit
9.0:1 Low power, black smoke
11.5:1 Rich best torque at WOT
12.5:1 Safe best power at WOT
13.2:1 Lean best torque at WOT
14.7:1 Chemically ideal
15.5:1 Lean light load, part throttle
16.2:1 Best economy, part throttle
18-22:1 Lean run limit

But I think I should lean it out a little and try to get better torque.

There isn't a Dyno around here either so I can't take it in for testing. I'm hoping to just do it all myself using the Autotune. Are you using an AFR meter? or does the LeoVince have an O2 sensor on it?

Let me know how your changes work.