View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:25 AM   #18
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
Thank you Hans for this information. I didn't know this, but that's what always can happen.
I know from long ago in Germany when Chip-Tuning startet Porsche made a kind of competition for those tuners and the biggest companies failed, but a small company (better to say a "one-man-show") got the most successful chip for power and all the other rules like emission ect.
I think the smell of unburnt fuel is what you'll always have, so don't worry much about that.
All the manufactures adjust the fuel-systems to lean because of legal laws for emissions, so if you go richer this is the first step to start with. That's the same what the guys with the carbed bikes do, getting bigger jets.
The difference i can see at my bike now, with the standard setup my water temp. goes up to 86 celsius while normal riding and now with my rich setup it stays at 72 celsius (i can read this because of the Koso RX2). The reason for this is the better inside cooling of the engine with more gasoline in it (this is also one reason for setting up racing engines to very rich, keep them cool on the long run).
Emissions is the biggest prob for the engines and you would wonder about your bike if you could ride it with leaded fuel, your braking power wouldn't be enough.
Use the NGK Iridium plugs, but be sure to use the HIX and not EIX. Some shops offer the EIX what i think this one is for the carbed bike (please correct me if i'm wrong).
Take out the cat and disconnect the o2-sensor.
Look at and measure the manifold or heater (whats the right word?) of your exhaust if it is exactly the same length because this part of the exhaust is the most important for being powerful because of the oscillation.
The next part of the exhaust is the length, a short one is giving you a better peak and the long one a better torque.
Very good manufactures for exhaust systems worldwide are the Italian companies. Them you can trust most for best quality and power (when i read about Mike's exhaust's melding his fairing then i must not ask for quality anymore, sorry Mike).
I think many exhausts in the market are just made by copying anything and being noisy (the noise sounds like power but it is not).
And then, not because I'm German, but look what the german market is doing and recommends for getting more and better power. There they know how to make very powerful engines (the best example is the BMW F1-turbo engine from the 80's with 1200 hp from only 1400cc and in the peak it went up to 1600 hp). I think i must not talk about the BMW bikes...
For sure the best is, if you have the chance, go to a dyno shop and spend your money over there instead of wasting it for autotune.

Good luck.
Hey Roland, thank you for the very informative post. The biggest problem for me is, not spending money on dyno tuning, but the fact that dyno tuning is not at all available in India. At least not for the public. Because of that, I really have no other choice. Also, I often take my bike to very hilly regions(Nainital), up to 2000+mts above sea level. In that case, I will need a system which can compensate for such changes. I already have a full exhaust and a power commander system, which has deleted my O2 sensor. Also, I will definitely keep in mind about the spark plugs :thumbup thanks