View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #24
Sonofswin
Old Guy, New Bike

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Blue Ninja 250R, Yamaha SRV250

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
@Sonofswin I've finally bought and installed my Auto Tune system and DAMN! what a difference it makes... Throttle response is so much smoother, revs so much better and sounds way cooler than before. That along with the quick turn throttle mod has made my bike a completely different beast. I'll post my map tomorrow after I have ridden it for a while.

I do have one question though, when you installed your system, did you block off the kleen air system? How do you do that?
Hey Hans, good to hear that you got better results so fast.

Yes, I did plug my KLEEN system when I put the autotune on. If you don't, then you get higher oxygen readings than you should. I used an aluminum plate that replaces the original plate. I recommend you at least remove the hose running from the sensor unit to the top of the engine then plug those two points. Leave the hose from the air box to the sensor and leave the sensor plugged in so you don't get an FI error indication.

Have you installed a switch? Are you planning to just leave the Autotune on full time, or remove it once mapped? When mapping, remember to try to map only your acceleration. A lot of people say that you should just pull the clutch in on all deceleration when creating a map, otherwise you get really high trim values with huge fluctuations. Also, you want to map for a while before you accept the trims. Your trims shouldn't be all over the place if they are correct, you should have a relatively smooth flow within each throttle position. This is the biggest problem I'm having.

I will post a how to on mapping eventually, but today I'm off for my first track day (If this damn typhoon doesn't get it cancelled.)