Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Lol Hernan!!! I believe I have found a fix for my identity crisis and things will be back to normal soon enough.

You know what has scared me more than any moment on a bike? My first class as the instructor at my local college. Nothing put me in my place more than 27 fello adults of varying ages, experiences and backgrounds all staring at me with whatever expectations they had. My dad tried to teach me many things when I was a wee lad, but I never really understood some of those values until the end of that day. Heck man, I still don't understand some of them, despite having gray hairs.
Much less disturbing now !!!

Yes, I have always admired your talent to communicate in this forum, as well as the quality of your essays (next of which is already past due).
I believe that that is natural in some of the members here, like Misty, Akima, Nevadawolf and you.

I would say that such talent is extremely rare, as I see more and more people incapable of effectively communicate with others in a constructive way, even when they have rich and abundant experiences.

Having a moderate ego, like yours, helps enormously; if you take yourself and your opinions too seriously, you cannot see the true that others may be showing to you as you are too busy jumping into your trench to defend your self-inflated identity and mental security from that terrible "threat".

As of today, it is estimated that there are 7.147 billions of different points of view and "important identities" walking on this Earth.
That number humbles me a lot !!!
You can get busy "correcting" those billions or learning the good things that they have to offer, while calmly showing your "truth" for whoever find it useful.

About motorcycles and communication, I have learned much more from your posts, Chris, than what you have written on those !!!

Yes, good and loving fathers that have walked life always say really wise words to their children.
The little problem is that we hear those words at a moment in life when we know it all and we are bigger than life.

Later on, when life finally shows you who is boss and kicks you around enough to the point of crying, some of those wise words finally make sense and we have that humbling moment: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, ...........this is what he was trying to tell me !!!
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.