View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2021, 05:05 AM   #20
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
i try to never sit center seat, if its a series of lefts i stay left on the bike.
i do center on the long straights and shift body before braking, sometimes tho i get caught shifting body while braking, not by plan but i think bieng lazy.
goal is to set up before braking to keep the bike setteled at turn in.
If I can, another advantage to setting up before braking is mental attention -- in addition to moving around potentially upsetting the bike it also just adds one more thing to do during what is already a busy moment (paying attention to how you're letting off brakes, visuals going from turn point to apex or other in-turn references and speed sense) and for a double bonus there's also a temptation to use the bars as a place to put weight while you move if done later, which could result in unintended inputs.