View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2021, 02:47 PM   #21
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
i try to never sit center seat, if its a series of lefts i stay left on the bike.
i do center on the long straights and shift body before braking, sometimes tho i get caught shifting body while braking, not by plan but i think bieng lazy.
goal is to set up before braking to keep the bike setteled at turn in.
Nice. Yes you don't need to sit in the centre of the seat (when track riding) so what you do sounds great! And as Yakarru points out, on top of helping to keep the bike more settled, setting up early can also give you added mental attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
If I can, another advantage to setting up before braking is mental attention -- in addition to moving around potentially upsetting the bike it also just adds one more thing to do during what is already a busy moment (paying attention to how you're letting off brakes, visuals going from turn point to apex or other in-turn references and speed sense) and for a double bonus there's also a temptation to use the bars as a place to put weight while you move if done later, which could result in unintended inputs.
Exactly . Are there ways that you can improve HOW you move across the bike as well?
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote