View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:29 PM   #583
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer View Post
I know there is no tax bracket for earnings beyond 1 million. Show me where I said there is one. I was talking about what Democrats are trying to do now. owever, many people, including myself, Warren Buffet, and many Democrats in Congress strongly support letting the Bush tax cuts expire on these earnings. In fact, you even seemed to indicate you support it!

So if this went to a vote By Itself with no toxic crap tied to it, it probably has a good chance of passing Despite the tea party House Republicans extreme pledge.
sorry didnt mean to quote the whole thing.

But Ya did it again. there is no tax cut to expire on earnings over a million dollars. That bracket does not exist.
It would have to be a vote to create a new tax bracket and tax the earnings of anyone that makes over a million at a certin percentage. If you make 375k to one million you pay X% and if you make a million and one dollar and up you pay Y% so thats 2 new tax brackets.
It will never happen because neither party is interested in cutting their own throat.
They love that cash they get in there campaign coffers from the millionaires........ Dont you get it yet?
Besides we dont have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.
Try focusing on that, instead of the class warfare deal. Point out the frivolus spending of speaker boner and the republicans and Ill happily join you in bashing it. Acknowledge the fact that the democrats are just as much to blame as the republicans for the spending mess, and we might just get somwhere.
Cant you see we have common ground as citzens of this great nation. Both parties are guilty of spending us into oblivion.
Lets stop the class warfare routine that has been burnt into your brain by NPR... it solves nothing.
We as a country are now 15 trillion in the hole. Squeesing another 5 or 6 billion out of the rich (if thats even possible) wont help a darn thing until our elected leaders stop spending our money in the most asinine ways. Did you know that if you confiscated all the wealth from the people making over a million dollars we still couldnt pay off the debt. Your a math guy you know full well how much 15 trillion is. Think about it.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote