View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #123
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

While you're in the mood to confirm things, it would be worth verifying that you are getting fuel to the cylinders (to put the issue beyond any possibility of doubt). I suggest this because it sure sounds like you've done everything you can to insure the bike has good spark and that only leaves fuel and air as the possible problem.

You could crank it a bit then pull a spark plug and use your nose to determine if there's fuel getting into the cylinders. I'd put the choke on while cranking it to insure the cylinders get enough fuel to make it obvious for you. You could view the plug right at the moment when you pull it to see if it's wet with fuel (this will only be momentary because any fuel on it will quickly evaporate once you get it out of the engine, so having a magnifying glass and a bright light handy ahead of time would help). You could also have somebody help you by sniffing at one of the exhausts while you crank (do this outside so it will be obvious, not mingled with other garage odors). Or you could use a piece of tubing to route into the plug's hole to sniff air from the cylinder.

I pulling for you to track this thing down, fix it and ride.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote